3. Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective techniques, well-chosen details, and well-structured event sequences.
5. Develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, editing, rewriting, or trying a new approach.
Speaking and Listening
2. Integrate and evaluate information presented in diverse media and formats, including visually, quantitatively, and orally.
4. Present information, findings, and supporting evidence such that listeners can follow the line of reasoning and the organization, development, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.
5. Make strategic use of digital media and visual displays of data to express information and enhance understanding of presentations.
5. Demonstrate understanding of figurative language, word relationships, and nuances in word meanings.
Tulare County Office of Education
Tim A. Hire, County Superintendent of Schools
P.O. Box 5091
Visalia, CA 93278-5091