Submit forms by March 15, 2024.
Please upload your forms to your school folder. If your school does not have a folder, please CREATE a folder using your School Name and be sure all files include your School Name. (i.e., Tulare School_ABCstore GenAD)

All releases, contracts, and permissions to use copyrighted materials must be uploaded by March 15, 2024. Failure to include all necessary forms will result in disqualification of the film.
Media/Image-Voice/Video Releases

The Media/Image-Voice/Video Release Form must be signed by every student and their parent/guardian (if the student is under 18 years of age). This form allows TCOE to show the student's video during the Slick Rock Student Film Festival event and to include the video on the TCOE website. In certain film categories, student's videos may be used for advertising purposes outside the realm of Tulare County Office of Education.

The Slick Rock Student Film Festival is typically attended by local print and television media personnel who are reporting on the event. This form allows any news media personnel present to use any student's image and/or words for their various publications and/or broadcasts, some or all of which could also be posted on the internet. 

Image-Voice Release (Non-Filmmaker)

A signed Image-Voice Release Form is required for all persons in the video whose faces are recognizable or whose voices are significantly used. If the face or voice in the film belongs to an adult over the age of 18, please use the "Image/Voice Release for Adults" Form below. If the face or voice belongs to a minor, use the "Media/Image-Voice/Video Release for Students" Form and make sure the form is also be signed by the minor's legal guardian. Media/Image-Voice/Video Release Forms are not needed for background characters. For persons in the video who are not on the filmmaking team, use the "non-filmmaker" forms below.

Media/Image-Voice/Video Release Forms must be uploaded by March 15, 2024.

  • Media/Image-Voice/Video Release for Minors                 [English] [Spanish]
  • Image-Voice Release for Minors – Non-filmmakers       [English] [Spanish]
  • Image-Voice Release for Adults – Non-filmmakers        [English] [Spanish]
Location Contracts

The Location Contract gives the video production team the right to photograph and record scenes on the property and use those photographs and recordings in a film. The production team agrees to be responsible to the property owner for damage to the property or injury to persons caused by the production team's use of the property. If any part of a video is filmed on private property of any kind, a Location Contract must be completed and signed BEFORE TAPING BEGINS. A Location Contract is NOT needed if the film is shot on campus.

Location Contracts must be uploaded at the same time as the film.

  • Location Contracts                                                                [Download Here]

The Transportation Form gives parental/guardian consent/release for the student filmmaker to participate in the commercial transportation arrival the Visalia Fox Theatre for the "Red Carpet Arrival" on the night of the Slick Rock Student Film Festival Awards Ceremony. 

Transportation Forms must be uploaded by May 1, 2024

  • Transportation Form                                                               [English] [Spanish]


Copyright Information
When student productions are to be displayed in public venues (Internet, TV, Slick Rock Student Film Festival), students must get permission to use copyrighted material in their video production. Copyrighted material includes copyrighted music, video clips, still pictures and text. Students are responsible for obtaining the necessary written permissions on all copyrighted work. All paperwork must be uploaded at the time of your video submission. The use of royalty-free music, film clips, pictures, etc. is highly recommended to ensure films are not disqualified due to copyright infringement, as many copyright holders are not willing to provide permission for use.

A sample Copyrighted Materials Permission Request letter is provided to help students with wording their letters to obtain permission from copyright holders.

Pictures and Film Clips
Public domain images and film clips may be used in the video if the source is cited in the film's credits. Written permission from the copyright holder is required to use any copyrighted material.

Original music or music that is in the public domain may be used in the video if the source is cited in the film's credits. Written permission from the copyright holder is required to use any copyrighted material.

Contact information for several music copyright holders

Universal Music Group (i.e., MCA, Geffen, Mercury, Island)
Director of Licensing
Universal Music Enterprises
2220 Colorado Avenue
Santa Monica, CA 90404
(310) 865-0770

Warner Music Group (i.e., Warner Bros., Atlantic, Elektra)
VP Business Affairs/New Technology
Warner Music Group
75 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10019
(212) 275-1348

SONY BMG Music Entertainment Inc.
Global Digital Business, Business Affairs
550 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10022

EMI-Capitol Music Group North America (i.e., Capitol, Virgin, Chrysalis)
VP Legal Affairs
1290 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10104
(212) 492-5056